Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spirit of the marathon!!!!!

This week we watched Spirit of the Marathon. It was a documentary that followed six people -out of  hundreds of people running-as they trained for and ran the 2005 Chicago Marathon.  

A marathon, is a group of people from anywhere, that run together 26.2 miles, anywhere in the world.
I think the reason people do marathon's is because they like to run, and they would like to achieve their goal. I found the story with Mokto/Daniel Njenga interesting.He came from Kenya  to Japan to start a marathon  and finally win 1st place because that was his goal since he kept getting 2nd place. He also wanted to train for the Boston and Chicago marathon.
People who attended and were interviewed for the maratgon are: 
Deena Kastor, who had won the bronze medal in the women's marathon in the 2004 Olympics, 
Daniel Njenga, the runner from Kenya, 
Ryan Bradley who wanted to qualify for the Boston marathon but injured his knee and was unable to run so instead cheered on his wife, 
Lori O'Connor who was running to raise money for a charity, 
Leah Caille who was a single mother and had recently been divorced, and 
Jerry Meyers who was the 70 year old man running with his daughter.I also thought this story with the dad and daughter was really bonding and cute. 

The people in the film were motivated by things inside them, not by money or fame. I know that i'm not a runner but I would like to start running a bit, to get in shape.Haahaa! but, anyways I would like to become a vetanerian. As I accomplish my goal I will study science.
There is a famous phrase, "It's a marathon, not a sprint?" Ill explain later.






No comments:

Post a Comment